Monday, October 24, 2011

one of a kind


I love the flocking for the sentiment, which is a result of this We R Memory Keepers set I got on sale (should be the subject of a different post). All papers from DCWV. Ribbon from AAS.

The challenge for 365 Cards' Day 234 - Opposite Day was First think about how you would describe yourself - all the different aspects of your personality. Second, use that description to create a card that is the OPPOSITE of how you would describe yourself. I describe myself as simple, transparent, no-frills with a streak of darkness in my soul (!). This card seems show quite the opposite of those traits--frilly, layered, bright. And seriously pink.

Here's the flocking up close:

I got the sketch from The Sweet Stop, as well as the theme, "pink":


Also entered for:
Top Tip Tuesday's Layer It Challenge
Lexi's Creations Challenge 51 - Just a Sentiment
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #89 Layer upon Layer

Looking at that close-up pick of the flocking, I really need, er, want to buy a new camera. I'm done with DSLRs for now--too bulky and expensive to maintain. I'm deciding between the Lumix LX-3, Lumix LX-5, Canon S95 or Canon S100. What do you think?

4 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really pretty card and the flocking looks gorgeous.
I love my Nikon D70s. I agree, it is bulky, but never had any problems with it.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Rianne. Love the lovely shades of pink. The flocking is fabulous. Just a great texture. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

Hannah said...

Flocking is one thing I haven't quite mastered on my cards. lol Yours looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at 365 Cards :-)

Lin said...

Gosh that flocking looks fabulous, so neat!

Love all the different and contrasting pink patterns.

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Lin xx