Saturday, September 10, 2011

blue and green birthday

Hitting three birds with one stone with this card. I'm still trying to decide whether to send this to Polet or to Mayk. Pardon the low light. I'm doing this at 12MN while waiting for Urban Zone to start.

I love the wavy paper, which is a play on our surname, and there's some sort of optical illusion where the paper looks like it's curled a little between each wave. Wave patterned paper and gem conchos are from AAS. Happy Birthday stamp was free from Papercrafts UK magazine. Vellum is from Veco. Blue scalloped ribbon is from Divisoria, green ribbon is from Carolina's. Blue background is leftover wrapping paper (Hallmark).

The 365 Cards challenge was Day 193 - Geography. This is inspired by a favorite vacation spot with lots and lots of sea. I don't really like to swim, but I would just love to go to a place where a vast expanse of ocean was greeting me... so relaxing!

Also entered for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 133. Here's the sketch.

Also entered for the Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week 119 Green and Blue.

I'm enjoying doing these challenges because I get to dip into my stash and find some surprises that I purchased months, even years ago, and put them to good use.

5 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love this! The touch of all the different ribbon is fabulous - especially that gorgeous scalloped ribbon - yummy!!

scotspanda said...

fabulous card, the colours are lovely

thanks for joing in the Allsorts fun and good luck in the draw

huggles

Amanda xx

Jill said...

Beautiful card and a great take on the colourcombo
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and I hope to see you again tomorrow for a new challenge!
Hugs, Jill

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

Lovin' the shimmer on the blue card. Wrapping paper? It works great, what a fantastic idea!

wifeycookie said...

Great job here, Ri! I love the AAS bling. :)