Monday, September 5, 2011

Blue birthday cake

Here's a little birthday card. I realized that I don't have much graphic stamps, but I'm not sure if I want to make the investment. Will be adding a little more tonight, it looks like it's missing something, I think in the upper right portion of the cake panel. Should I add bling or should it be a flourish stamp? Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Patterned papers are all scraps. The embossed blue background and the damask print are from old wrapping papers (yay for Hallmark!). The cake stamp is from Papermania. Steel flower clips from AAS. Blue ribbon from Carolina's.

This is an entry for 365 Cards' Day 187 - Past, Present and Future challenge. The past refers to the flower clips, which used to be one of my favorite embellishments but which I haven't used in a while. Present refers to my current favorite color (ever my favorite color), blue. And Future refers to my coming birthday! :)

I'm also entering this in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. Here's the sketch.

2 comments:

wifeycookie said...

Great job here, Ri. I like the cake slice stamp. :)

I only just also recently ventured into stamping. And it's quite nice how you can mix and match them. So I think it is "safe" to invest in some high quality classic pieces. Pero, there's also digi stamp. You can also give that a try. There are lots of online shops who have great looking digi stamps. :)

Chrissy said...

I think you have done a great job on your card.You could if you wanted, is matt the image several times, thay makes it pop...

Thanks for joining us at 'Fussy and Fancy'

Luv CHRISSYxx